Hi! My name is Emily and I am a nester. I do not even have my place yet and I am picking furniture out, buying housewares, and scouring the internet for deals. Steve and I are still on our search for the perfect house either to rent or possibly buy?!?!?! However, It seems like we might have missed the deal buying moment in our area. There are not a whole lot of houses for sale within our price range anymore. We want a place that is small that has around an acre of land. Also we are not afraid of doing some DIY. But back to the nesting. I have came up with 10 signs that you are a compulsive "Nester."
- You drag your friend into furniture stores and plan out your "dream" rooms.
- When you see a for sale sign you immediately take a picture of the sign and try to find the listing online to see inside.
- The idea of just driving by a thrift store does not cross your mind. (Well I already had this problem.)
- Boredom means going to Marshalls and wondering around to see if there are any cute home goods.
- You have already convinced your boyfriend or room mate to give you full decorating control.
- There are at least 3 totes of house goods sitting in storage or a garage with your name on them.
- The idea of finally being able to display your vintage dishes with out them being broken makes you giddy.
- You start to remind people that certain items are yours and not shared. Like my little table that I set up at my moms.
- Pinterest has become like crack for diy ideas.
- Conversations begin with "How do you feel about......." When you are referring to paint colors.
Did you buy things in preparation for having your own place? Are you doing so right now?