Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1st Day + mini food review

Today was my 1st day of my senior year of college! I am pretty excited! It is the beginning of the "Lasts." Like this spring break will be my last. I am pretty excited. The teachers that I met today seemed pretty awesome. So because it was the first day of class I decided that I would reward myself with a trip to Target. I had been wanting to especially after seeing Lark & Lola's post about the $1-$3 section. I still haven't made it to Michaels but I definitely want too!

Here are a few things in the $1 - $3 section that I found.

I got two rolls of the bakers twine. I could not resist its red and white cuteness. Then I picked me up a coupon separator. I am going to try and do more couponing. And my coupons always end up crumbled in my purse so this solves that problem.


Then I found this shelf. I have been lusting over the jar candles that I have found on Etsy so when I saw those I was so excited. But I decided that I did not need one of them. However, I turned the corner and found this little guy on a shelf. I definitely needed it.


On the way home I stopped at the Briar Patch and picked up some lunch. I thought I would do a little mini review! The Briar Patch is a BBQ restaurant that is located in Dallas, Georgia. It has been here for a long time. Not to say that my mom is old by any means, but she used to go there when she was a teenager. A little bit of history is that the original Briar Patch burned down. I remember going to the original Briar Patch when I was little. I think it burned down when I was around 8 years old. (I could be wrong, just an approximation) There was a period of time afterwards that something just wasn't right with the BBQ. It wasn't as good. I do not know if it was because someone leaving or what. What I do know now is that it is YUMMY. It is what I could consider the best BBQ around. I love the sauce and the meat is not fatty. That drives me nuts getting a huge chunk of fat and I am a vinegary sauce lover.The regular BBQ sandwich is great too! The prices can be a little bit much for BBQ, but they do offer coupons if you sign up on their website for emails.


I wanted to share what I had for lunch today. It is probably the wrong time to show this because I know we are all supposed to be trying to lose weight right now. This is definitely not healthy. It is called Hickory Fries. And it is literally hand cut fries with shredded cheese and BBQ meat on top. I get mine with the Blue Cheese dressing. I am not a fan of Blue Cheese dressing normally but here is the only place that I get it. Also I got a Sweet Tea (they have good tea too).


I hope you like the little review! And if you are starting back at college this week good luck!


Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment