Monday, February 11, 2013

The Grammys

Last night when I should have been concentrating on my homework I was distracted by the Grammys. At first I was thinking okay I will wait until after Mumford and Sons had performed. Then they announced that The Black Keys were going to play. So I watched longer. Then Jack White was going to play. Finally, They started talking about The Band tribute. I watched the whole darn Grammys without meaning too.Those performances were awesome though!

 My favorite was definitely The Band. It made me tear up a little. Zach Brown Band, Elton John, Mavis Staples, Mumford and Sons, T-Bone Burnett, and Brittany Howard from the Alabama Shakes all sang The Weight. Everyone Just looked like they were having a great time and the overall feeling of the performance at least to me seemed electric.

 I hope they make that available for download somewhere or I will be extremely disappointed. It would be an awesome idea to make it downloadable and the proceeds could go to the Sandy Hook school. Because Elton John at the beginning of the song mentioned how it was for them and Levon Helm. Or to their MusiCares program. That is my PR side coming out. I thing that would be an amazing idea. However it happens I just want to have this on my Ipod.

You can find a video of the performance HERE.


Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment