Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thrifty Haul!

This past weekend I went to the Woodstock Market because it was their "Junk Day" with my Grandmother, Aunt, and some of my cousins. It is really cool I've been to their market that they have on the 1st weekend of each month.  The "Junk day" is more of a yard sale type atmosphere and prices are a lot less. I found a few really great items that I thought I would share with y'all.


Picnic basket, Vintage Coach purse, and vintage Pyrex mixing bowl.
Here is my Picnic basket! It had a tag on it for $12, but then I haggled down to half price. It was getting towards the end of the day and I think that the lady was ready to get rid of stuff. I think it will be really nice to have a little picnic with my boyfriend with it. Also I think it would be a great photography prop.


Then my Blue Pyrex mixing bowl! I love vintage glassware anything Fireking or Pyrex I collect. I was really excited to find this bowl. It was $4 the man would not take anything less for it, but when I walked around more there was a lady that had the same bowl and wanted $10 for it. This bowl is the smallest in a set of 4 that have a large yellow bowl, a green bowl, medium size red bowl, and then the small blue bowl!


The lastly is my vintage COACH bag! I was so excited to find this. I am not sure whet the name of the bag is but it is like a small saddle/cross body bag. I think it is pretty old and it is worn but being worn does not really matter when you hear the price. $10!!!!!!! The lady had $12 on it and I asked if she would take anything less for it. I have not used it yet when I got home I used some saddle soap and Chelsea food to try and help the leather. There is a weird spot at the top and some pen marks but for $10 I can not complain at all.


I hope y'all have enjoyed my thrifty haul! If you enjoy seeing what I pick up on my trips out and about let me know. I think that this is a good kind of post to throw into the mix instead of just waiting on trying make up for reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, a Coach purse! That's a steal! And I've always loved picnic baskets. I've awarded you the Blogger Appreciation Award on my blog, just to let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE going to flea markets! i wish my town had one -- instead we have some really neato-burrito antique shops that i really love browsing!
    you found some really great finds as well. and i love how you say "y'all!" ha ha, that's probably because i'm from minnesota, and everyone up here laughs at you if you say "y'all."
    you know, i've never really been to georgia before. i flew into the atlanta airport one time, and everyone who worked there was really rude. ha ha -- but i wouldn't base my opinions of all georgians on some airport workers!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to flea markets and yard sales! I've been going with my grandma forever. I have totes of vintage dishes and finds for when I have my own house and stuff won't get broken.

    Lol thank you for the y'all comment. It feels weird if I try to reword it so I just use y'all.

    I hope you get to come to Georgia again and get out of the airport. Everyone that lives here hates going to the airport too and I think that the workers are always grumpy.


    Emily

    ReplyDelete