Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Brand Diaries: Stila



While going through my make up the other day I realized that I have quite a good bit of Stila products. Also I bought two Stila products that I mentioned in my Birchbox haul. So it is time to do some reviews! I am going to try and keep this short and sweet for each product. Also this is not a paid advertisement for Stila. I honestly just wanted to show all of my products from one brand. To start off I love Stila eye products. My experiences with their eye products have all been great.

 The In The Garden Palette was a purchase I made a month or so ago. I am pretty happy with it. It is definitely making me branch out a little with my color choices. And I do not mean that as a bad thing. It is fun mixing up the colors I wear some. Also I have the UD Naked Palette so having some colors to mix with that is fun. Also the shadows are nicely pigmented. However, my only critique is that the packaging is not very sturdy and becomes dirty easy. I have actually dented one of the sides a little.

 

I have 3 different Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liners and they are in Stingray, Peacock, and Starfish. Also I own the Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye liner in Intense Black. These are all winners. These pencils stay in place after would smudge them and are really smooth to apply. I originally got the Peacock in a Birchbox which was wonderful. Peacock is not a color that I would choose for myself but, I really like to use it when I want to branch out. Stingray I actually bought myself off of amazon when I was tired of all my black liners coming off and getting everywhere. Then when I bought the In The Garden Palette the Starfish eyeliner was inside. I have not used this one as often but it still has great staying power. Then on to the Liquid Eye liner, this is incredible. I used my Birchbox points to get this and when I run out I will be spending the 20 something on it again. It stays like all day, seriously. The only problem is when you make a mistake even if just a couple of seconds you can not wipe it off. Also the tip of this product is great for winged liner.

 The two face products that I have actually have were sent to me in my Birchbox. They are One Step Bronze and a sample of Stay All Day Beauty Balm. The One Step Bronze is actually a full size product! I was really excited to get it in the box. Both of these are not home runs in my opinion but are pretty good. I have not used a ton of the One Step Bronze. This summer has not been the summer of tanning for me so I think it makes me look a little orange. The BB cream is good but has a weird smell that I do not like.

I have misplaced my Liquid Lipstick in the color Beso from them that I received in my Birchbox this month but I absolutely love it too!


Let me know what you have liked from Stila or what you have tried and not enjoyed.

This is a crazy week for me. I started my last year of Undergraduate college and I turn 22 on Thursday!


Emily 

2 comments:

  1. I've never used anything from Stila but I've only ever heard good things. That eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I think it is great to mix things up with.


      Emily
      eageremily.blogspot.com

      Delete